Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Being Successful In Business Requires You To Constantly Be Learning

When I first started out in internet marketing I was totally clueless. I knew I wanted to make money and that was about it. I felt totally alone and that there were no resources available to me. In those days, there wasn't a lot of information available (not like today) and most of the people online were teaching concepts that they were not using in their day to day operations. Still, I bought most everything I could find on a wide variety of topics so I could be the best I could be. I knew that I constantly had to be increasing my knowledge and always staying current with what was going on in terms of online (and offline) marketing.
Then one day I had an epiphany. I would no longer just randomly absorb everything out there, but I would try to align myself with the most successful people in the industry. Through audios, videos and direct contact with these internet marketing experts I could finally learn true marketing secrets and make the kind of money I knew was possible. I could learn more listening to a 30 minute interview or watching a 20 minute hands-on video than I could reading 100 pages of an ebook. It's when I discovered this that my business really took off. These internet marketing experts traditionally charge 1000's of dollars for an hour, so being able to access these people for a fraction of that cost was a godsend.
These experts have made mistakes along the way (some very costly), so finding out how to avoid these mistakes is priceless. Also, being able to access the same tools/resources that these experts are using is more valuable than you will ever know.
These experts have made mistakes along the way (some very costly), so finding out how to avoid these mistakes is priceless. Also, being able to access the same tools/resources that these experts are using is more valuable than you will ever know.
The truly valuable sites are the ones that I have joined that have two qualities: 1) constantly updated material and 2) material that covers a broad spectrum of topics. The reason for this is the landscape of the Internet changes almost monthly, so having stale articles and resources that are no longer valid options provides very little value. Also, be careful of one size fits all solutions that try to tell you that there is only ONE area that you should focus on and that you have to do things their way or else. As a business owner, you will need to determine what will work for your particular business and having access to multiple strategies that you can combine and the tools to put those strategies together will prove to be the one of the most invaluable resources you have.
Another huge lesson I have learned over the years is that you don't have to do this alone. Becoming part of a group/community and forming mastermind groups is the best thing that you could do for your business. These groups lead to joint ventures that will help to explode your business beyond your wildest beliefs. Once you start to make these connections, you can do more than you ever thought possible.
Regardless of whether you join a community or mastermind group or align yourself with the top marketers out there, the message that I will leave you with is to never stop enriching your mind and learning. Whether it's audios, videos, books or whatever else you can find, always keep learning something new. Most professionals have to go through a re-education process (think nurses, doctors, accountants) as part of their careers. As marketers, we need to do the same. If you aren't learning, your competition will and by the time you realize it you will be watching them pass you by.
To our success,
By: Chuck Abbott has been marketing offline/online for nearly 20 years and has helped 1000's of companies and individuals reach their full potential. For more information, please write to [mailto:support@thebusinessprofessionalcommunity.com]support@thebusinessprofessionalcommunity.com . Also, if you are ready to continue your education and learn from the best marketers in the world, visit http://www.thebusinessprofessionalcommunity.com/ .

No comments: